Saturday, November 12, 2016

This is not a post for you. This is a post for me.

Random post.
Because it's been forever.
But I get inspired to blog more and more lately and today, a discussion with Cousin Mark broke the camel's back. Or something. How does that expression even go?

This could be a somber post for two reasons. One, I don't feel well today. Two, I just have the fog that a lot of people have been experiencing this week.

But first, the good news.

I'm excited that it's getting cold. It was a really long summer this year. My car's AC was out all. summer. long. It was awful.
I haven't cranked the heat on yet in the house, but I brought my houseshoes out from the back of my closet, so that makes me super happy.

Aiden and I are about to leave the house to go to his T-Ball party. I'm SO glad we did t-ball! I met some people through it, and I got to be their scorekeeper. I took my scorekeeper duties very seriously!
Remember the fog I mentioned? Those exclamation points seem like lies, but the sentiment is true.

Now for the bad.
And let me apologize if you have stumbled upon this post, because as the title states, this post is not for you. It really is just for me. I have had a lot of thoughts and I just want them smoothed out. So if you're still with me, understand that I'm not trying to preach at you.

I've blogged about politics in the past. I still feel that no one person can make or break this country, because I paid attention in school when we learned about checks and balances. I know that we will be okay. I know that running my mouth about how awful this person is does not do me or anyone else any good.
The best post I have seen said, "I hope Donald Trump is a good president. Wanting him to fail is like wanting the pilot to crash the plane that we ALL are on. REMEMBER THAT."
It's so true. I know that.

What's not okay is this aftermath. Whether its someone thinking its okay to act like a racist idiot, or burning the flag, or threatening to move to Canada, it's not okay.
It's not okay that people are so scared that calls to the suicide hotline have spiked. That hurts my heart so much.

I voted. I voted to vote against Trump, because I did not want him as my President. But I've already accepted that he WILL be, even if my peers haven't.
I can't watch everyone right now. I deleted all of my social media apps, because I just can't watch it anymore. I don't know if that's a special kind of denial, but a break from social media is never a bad idea.

I hope we heal. I have faith that we will.

To end on a positive note, I got a promotion this week. I will be a buyer. I'm so excited to learn something new, and the money certainly doesn't hurt. I won't officially start my new position until my current position is filled, but I'm really looking forward to it.

That's all, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment